Mammoet is looking for task oriented and enthusiastic individual to join our transport Operations team in Fort McMurray, AB. This position comes with the opportunity to develop industry specific skills and grow your career. Supervise Mammoet Canada Western Ltd. Field personnel and ensure all work is performed in accordance with Mammoet’s HSE, business and quality standards, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner
• Supervise and motivate Drivers/ Trailer Operators and Pilot Car Drivers to ensure and enforce all work is carried out in accordance with Mammoet HSE, SHE-Q and Business policies and procedures, including the use of all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
• Ensure work is started and completed in a timely manner
• Understand, support communicate and enforce all Mammoet HSE policies and procedures and all Mammoet operational policies and procedures.
• Operate equipment if necessary
• Report and investigate all near misses and incidents
• Plan work and assist our Planners to ensure all necessary equipment, manpower and additional resources are planned and ready for the execution of the work
• Discuss plans with Engineering, when required
• Work with client to plan and execute the work including selection of appropriate equipment
• Maintain good customer relations with clients and support Sales initiatives
• Review and approve operator time cards
• Ensure field level risk assessments are completed, signed off, documented and filed
• Ensure you have completed all required training and development courses as may be required or amended during your employment with Mammoet
• Proficient in English, written and spoken
• Three (3) months
• Good communicator
• Team player
• Good supervisory skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Mammoet transport
• Ability to multi-task
• Safety Orientated
• Service Orientated
• Flexible – able to work shift work, performing duties at all hours
• Class 1
• Completed High School diploma
• Mandatory supervisory training courses
• 5 years of transportation experience
• Previous supervisory experience (3+ years) considered an asset.
• Previous experience with heavy or over-dimensional highway transport loads is necessary
• Ability to travel to the US and through Western Canada is necessary
• Previous experience with hydraulic platform trailers an asset
• Currently do not hold any Site Bans within the Fort McMurray Region.
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be a full-time position operating out of our Fort McMurray Branch.
Salary will be commensurate based upon education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at www.mammoet.com/en/jobs.