• Structural design and calculations. Mainly steel structures
• Create calculation models by use of applicable software
• Technical support to the rest of the department.
• Checking of manufacturing drawings
• Checking of calculation documentation.
• Engineering solutions of clients’ heavy transport and installation requirements both on site and in the Engineering office.
• Attend kick off meetings with Commercial and Operations teams to establish the clients’ exact requirements and agree deadlines for submission of documentation.
• Production and handover to Commercial and Operations teams of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), equipment lists, engineering drawings, design calculations, steel structure calculations, rigging studies, operations programmes, plant and labour requirements for both proposals and the execution of works whilst ensuring the documents comply with company procedures, legislative guidance and good practice.
• Control and carry out engineering activities, management of a project and make designs and structural calculations according to the requirements of the project.
• Carry out manoeuvre plans, packing list, assembly, manufacture and / or adaptations designs, supporting calculations, procedure of the maneuver / project and the execution schedule.
• Coordination with the Operations Department the necessary equipment (existence, availability ...), preparation of materials, new purchases / fabrications., mobilization / demobilization of equipment, the staff needed, travels and accommodations.
• Control of the contract (scope and exclusions, generation of project control documentation) in coordination with the Commercial Department.
• Control of budget and costs, preparation and monitoring of the budget for the execution of the project.
• Control of project execution
• Ensure that the design or operation is safe, feasible and economic
• Working according to the HSQE policies
Manager of Engineering and Project Controller
Spanish and English, fluent proficiency verbal and written
MS office suit, advanced skills
Structural design and calculations. Mainly steel structures
Eurocode 3 full knowledge
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it.
Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
Our services include:
- Heavy lifting services
- Heavy transport services
- Shutdown Management
- Site-wide construction services
- Modular construction
- Factory to Foundation
- Rapid response
- Relocation and decommissioning of installations
- Trading in a new and used equipment worldwide