When you work as a team, you are instantly part of something bigger. You become part of a culture of learning that gives both the confidence and skills to contribute immediately. Not somewhere in the future, but right now!
As part of our growth & development, we are hiring a SPMT Operator for our French Office. In this challenging position, you are responsible for loading, unloading, assembling and operating SPMT’s, performing light maintenance to equipment and assisting with the mobilization/demobilization of equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with the local laws and regulations, internal and external (client) procedures and guidelines to ensure optimal and safe operations.
Some typical tasks and responsibilities are (amongst others):
• following all SHE-Q (Safety, Health and Environmental - Quality) standards
• preparing transport operations, discuss the mobilization and transport plan (interaction with engineering and/or project management)
• reading and checking the permits, transport drawings, route and vehicle documents;
• assembling, positioning and making trailers operational in accordance with the transport plan;
• operating the SPMT’s in accordance with the prescribed guidelines, rules and procedures;
• carrying out and applying a Last Minute Risk Analysis before the start of each job/assignment;
• informing the supervisor, project manager and/or planning on time in case of any changes in the work situation and/or differences of opinion with the client;
• identifying the need for maintenance and/or repairs;
• carrying out preventative and light maintenance and repairs in accordance with the manual, both onsite and offsite;
• checking the inspection time and the correct certification for equipment and lifting gear
• assist with jacking / skidding of equipment / carry out any rigging duties (after dedicated training)
• customer focused
• stress resistant
• safety awareness
• cooperative / teamplayer
• sense of responsibility and accountability
• proactive and able to communicate on different levels
• speaking French and English
Secondary vocational education, in a technical discipline, together with:
• 3-5 years in heavy lift / heavy transport operations
• Basic knowledge of hydraulic and electrical schematics and basic repairs
• Safety Training and certification
• 1-3 years of SPMT or equivalent (preferable)
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it.
Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
Our services include:
- Heavy lifting services
- Heavy transport services
- Shutdown Management
- Site-wide construction services
- Modular construction
- Factory to Foundation
- Rapid response
- Relocation and decommissioning of installations
- Trading in a new and used equipment worldwide