Operations Manager /SPMT Rigging Supervisor/Branch Manager
The SPMT Operator assists Mammoet in execution of engineered heavy transport. The SPMT Operator is capable of setting up, operating, inspecting and performing basic maintenance on computer controlled, self propelled, modular hydraulic transport trailers.
• Care out all duties safely
• Preform as a team member
• Be an example for Junior personnel
• Is capable of reading and understanding hydraulic and electrical schematics.
Is capable of adjusting trailers to ensure even distribution of weight across all axles, even over rough terrain.
May serve as a Trainer for other Mammoet Field Personnel, permanently or temporarily assigned to the SPMT Department.
• Ensures that all Mammoet, Customer, State and Federal Safety Requirements are met, as per training provided by Mammoet, Customer and/or 3rd Party Training.
• Assists in planned disassembly of SPMT’s following operation and assists in preparing SPMT’s for transport or for the next scheduled lift or move.
• Completes all required checklists and work reports and submits them to the supervisor in a timely fashion.
Minimum Level of Education:
• High School Diploma, or equivalent preferred
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• 3-5 years in Heavy Lift / Heavy Transport
• 1-3 years of SPMT or Equivalent
• Safety Training and Certification
• Basic knowledge of hydraulic and electrical schematics and basic repairs
• Mammoet or Scheuerle SPMT Training Course (Theoretical)
• 400+ Hours supervised Operation of Trailers, before un-supervised operations (Practical)
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
Mammoet USA South, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment related decisions on the basis of qualification to perform the job requirements. Mammoet USA South, Inc. treats all employees and applicants equally, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. All candidates for employment must fully complete, date, and sign the standard Mammoet USA South, Inc. employment application form. Employment at Mammoet USA South, Inc. is on an “at will” basis.
This position is located in St. Gabriel, Louisiana 12 miles west of Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Hwy 30.
We offer an excellent benefit package for our employees such as:
401(k) Profit Sharing Matching
Professional Learning and Development Training
Extra compensation for overseas employees
*some restrictions apply