• Support incident investigations and provide recommendations for preventative measures through the development and distribution of incident reports.
• Assist management to identify safety related training needs for operational personnel and assist/mentor in the delivery to develop and foster a positive safety culture.
• Monitor sub-contractor compliance on and off site including simultaneous operations with third party activities.
• Execute and maintain administration protocols within global reporting systems for example, Airsweb.
• Maintain current knowledge and understanding in all areas of health and safety legislation.
• Participate in SHEQ company initiatives and improvement opportunities.
• Produce appropriate documentation such as safe systems of work and risk assessments.
Your main responsibility will be to provide a proactive and positive approach towards supporting all health and safety aspects within the Company. This will consist of ensuring both employees and subcontractors comply with Mammoet, client and legal requirements, in order to assure the safe execution of a job and of our people.
Reporting to the SHEQ Manager, this is a full-time, permanent position to be based at our Hixon office. Regular travel to other UK offices and project sites will be required.
• Adhering to Principles and Values
• Relating and Networking
• Persuading and Influencing
• Writing and Reporting
• Applying Expertise and Technology
• Following Instructions and Procedures
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Management or equivalent.
• Highly proficient in ICT.
• Valid UK driving licence.
• Willingness to travel throughout the UK, occasionally at short notice.
• Proven continuous professional development (CPD).
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the Lifting and Transport industry.
• Formal training qualification in NVQ assessment and/or IQA.
• A blue CPCS card for one or more of the following: - Appointed Person, Lifting Supervisor, Crane Operator, Slinger Signaller.
• A relevant certificate in First Aid.
• Knowledge of quality systems or environmental legislation.
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it. Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
Our services include:
• Heavy lifting services
• Heavy transport services
• Shutdown management
• Site-wide construction services
• Modular construction
• Factory to foundation
• Rapid response
• Relocation and decommissioning of installations
• Trading in a new and used equipment worldwide
• Bonus scheme dependent on company and indiviudal performance
• Life assurance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Company car or car allowance
• Paid overtime whilst on site (day rate)
Salary range : £32,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.
Mammoet UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on any legal protected characteristics. We aim to create a working environment in which there is no unlawful discrimination and all decisions are based on merit.