We are seeking an experienced, safety-oriented individual to join our Safety team in Fort McMurray region. The successful candidate will be a service oriented person with excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate teams to operate within a safety culture. Mammoet prides itself on our safety reputation and we are seeking a like-minded individual to continue this in the Edmonton region.
To assist in the design, development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the HSE program in accordance with Mammoet’s Business and Quality standards and policies and procedures; to be a resources to division/project management and Mammoet employees and to lead by positive example.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Knowledge of current occupational Health and Safety regulations is required.
• Intermediate to advance skills in using the Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of mobile equipment
• SHE-Q related meetings are being conducted
• Assisting in the development of safe operating procedures/job hazard assessments.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Research and make recommendations on all matters relating to internal incident investigations processes
• Assists and coaches at all levels with regard to the implementation of Mammoet’s values and core processes and able to make decisions independently and in a timely manner.
• Coach/mentor fellow employees with the understand of Mammoet’s/client SHE-Q requirements
• Coordinate and implement internal/external safety programs: Emergency response, Safety Audits, Mammoet Academy , Orientations
Must have/be able to demonstrate the following skills/abilities:
• Minimum of 3 years of field safety experience
• Able to use Microsoft office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PPT) at an intermediate to advanced level Ability to type above a beginner level
• Experience in conducting incident investigations and completing investigation reports
• Excellent time management skills
• Able to work with very little supervision
• High level of accountability
• Able to create and maintain electronic and paper filing system
• Previous experience in a live industrial (refinery,etc) plant environment
• Familiar with log books for professional drivers, and equipment operators (namely cranes) is an asset
• Well spoken, articulate, friendly and approachable.
• Able to represent the company in a professional manner, and comfortable in dealing directly with clients/customers if required
• Comfortable with speaking in front of groups is an asset
• May walk approximately 1-3 kilometres per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
• Good communicator
• Highly motivated
• Service Orientated
• Safety orientated
• Results driven
• Completed High School diploma
• Is in good standing and in possession of a current National Construction Safety Officer Certificate
• Enrolled or have completed courses in the O.H.&S certificate program
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This position is temporary and will be based out of our Fort McMurray branch.
Salary will be commensurate based upon education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for a variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at www.mammoet.com/en/jobs.
At this time, we are entertaining internal Mammoet applicants only. Interested candidates may submit their resumes following the regular internal application process to email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.