To assist Mammoet in the execution of engineered heavy transport, capable of setting up, operating, inspecting and performing basic maintenance on specialized mobile hydraulic transport trailers in accordance with Mammoet’s HSE, business and quality standards, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner
• Following typical Mammoet methods, builds trailers using basic hand tools to prepare for heavy hauling projects
• Ensures all components and the hydraulic systems as a whole are in good working condition for the transport
• Troubleshoot any issues seen with the trailers which do not conform to typical, approved Mammoet methods
• Is capable of reading and understanding hydraulic air and electrical schematics
• Is capable of performing or validating proper and complete set-up of very complex trailer hydraulics and moderate trailer electrical and pneumatic air according to schematics
• Is capable of adjusting trailers to ensure even distribution of weight across all axles, even over rough terrain
• Reports to various work sites as directed by the dispatcher, project manager, and/or transport supervisor on time and ready to operator trailer equipment or perform assigned duties
• Is able to perform basic rigging responsibilities
• Independently position equipment in required/desired spots, with or without loads
• Assists with jacking, pumping, carriage, winch and weighing work before, during and after movement
• Correctly assesses and gives attention to space, obstacles present, correct securing of loads
• Follows all HSE standards, including never disabling and safety devices
• Has basic knowledge of engineering drawings/sketches and is able to ensure that loads, loading methods, load securing and load transport comply with plan
• Is capable of performing and checking rigging and lashing done on the trailers and the load to ensure that the move can be performed safely
• Ensures that all Mammoet, customer, provincial and federal safety requirements are met
• Assists in planning disassembly of trailers following operation and assists in preparing trailers for transport or for the next scheduled lift or move
• Completes all required paperwork and submits them to the supervisor in a timely fashion
• Able to pilot wide loads on highway and sit as required
• High School Diploma
• Valid Class 1 Driver’s License
• Experience with Scheuerle and/or Goldhoffer trailers
• Previous experience with heavy or over-dimensional highway transport loads is necessary
• Previous experience with hydraulic platform trailers an asset
• Supervisory experiance an asset
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be an hourly position operating out of the Fort McMurray Branch.
This position falls under the Teamsters Local 362 agreement. All pension and benefits are through Teamsters Local 362.