The Senior Legal Counsel will provide all-round legal support, predominantly in the areas of commercial law and corporate law to support both Holding and the Regions across the globe.
The work will include negotiating and drafting international commercial contracts (e.g. sales, procurement, cooperation and agency agreements with counterparties in different jurisdiction), manage claims and litigation and instruct outside counsel as well as actively participating in multi-disciplinary projects.
In this position you will be holding office in Utrecht. The Senior Legal Counsel will report to the Global Manager Legal in Utrecht.
Global Manager Legal
The purpose of the job is to provide legal advice and support in both local and international environment, in order to enable the business to achieve her objectives in accordance with legislation, internal compliance standards and procedures.
- Advise management regarding customer and/or partner agreements
- Strategy development from a legal and compliance perspective
- Legal risk assessment & compliance
- Knowledge management and continous improvement of the legal function
- Development and implementation of legal policies, procedures, processes and tools
- Deciding and initiating Action
- Adhering to Principles and Values (Integrity)
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Taking ownership
- Performing under pressure
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
The senior legal counsel we're looking for
- is an European qualified lawyer (Master degree) with at least 5-8 years relevant working experience gained as in-house legal counsel and/or in private practice in an international setting;
- has experience as an in-house legal counsel in an international construction or energy (project) company or related industries - that would be a strong asset;
- has proven experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating (international) commercial contracts;
- has a strong business acumen, a robust yet flexible personality, good communication skills (oral and written) and are able to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-jurisdictional environment;
- is hands-on and has gained project management skills; and
- is proficient in both Dutch and English.
“Mammoet is the world‘s leading heavy lifting and transport specialist. Our core business is lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning the world’s largest and heaviest structures. Mammoet is involved in projects all over the globe and employs around 5000 people, giving them the opportunity to quickly grow into a challenging, international career.
People at Mammoet have a strong can-do mentality and are proud at the work they do. As we want to maintain our position as world leader in large projects, we highly value the quality of our work. Although we are a professional organization, there is an informal culture between employees. Mammoet is part of SHV, a family-owned multinational whose entrepreneurship is reflected in its range of operations.
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
• (International) Career and development opportunities
• Passionate, informal and dynamic working environment
• Opportunity to work for an ambitious and continuously moving international market leader