• Route plan abnormal loads.
• Communicate with project management, local/government authorities and police forces to plan and ensure the delivery of abnormal loads on time.
• Ensure a high-quality service is delivered to customers.
• Ensure all relevant documentation for transport including ESDAL, Abhaulia and RHA systems are up to date and easily accessible.
• Assist and support other departments with technical and operational expertise in order to ensure collaborative partnerships with internal/external customers/suppliers.
• Ensure compliance with SHEQ standards at all times.
You will be responsible for the efficient route planning of abnormal loads including heavy transport and mobile cranes across the UK. The successful candidate will also be involved in route studies for future heavy transport work and liaise with external bodies to facilitate transport executions within specific timeframes.
Reporting to Ian Woodfine, Transport Manager, this is a full time, permanent position to be based at our Hixon office. Additional travel to other UK offices may be required.
• Deciding and initiating action
• Working with people
• Delivering results and customer expectations
• Following instructions and procedures
• Coping with pressures and setbacks
• Experience working within a planning role.
• Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent.
• Flexible and willing to be on call on evenings and weekends.
• Proficient in ICT Microsoft Office Packages.
• Excellent level of English both verbal and written.
• Valid UK driving licence.
• Existing abnormal routing/technical experience within the transport industry.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
• Knowledge and understanding of SAP.
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it. Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
Our services include:
• Heavy lifting services
• Heavy transport services
• Shutdown management
• Site-wide construction services
• Modular construction
• Factory to foundation
• Rapid response Relocation and decommissioning of installations
• Trading in a new and used equipment worldwide
Mammoet UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on any legal protected characteristics
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Life assurance
• Company pension
• Professional membership fees paid for
• Excellent training and development opportunities