• Project Planning: to prepare project execution plans.
• Contract Management: to assess and study the agreed contracts of customers and sub-contractors.
• Health & Safety: to ensure operation executions comply with Health & Safety standards and procedures.
• Project Control: to monitor, assess and manage project related financial processes.
• Reporting: to produce periodical and ad-hoc reports to ensure management are kept informed on business-critical information.
• Personnel Management: to manage and support personnel on project sites.
Head of Projects
Your main responsibility will be to ensure projects are executed and deliverables are met in line with agreed contractual requirements.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, this is a full time, permanent position to be based at either the Teesside or Hixon office. Travel throughout the UK and Europe will be required.
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Working with People
• Leading and Supervising
• Relating and Networking
• Planning and Organising
• Delivering Results/Meeting Expectations
• Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the heavy lifting industry.
• A broad understanding of Project Management (including project preparation, planning, risk management, contracts, costs and finance and project execution).
• Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical or operations related discipline.
• Strong level of English both verbal and written.
• Proven ICT ability, e.g. able to use Microsoft Office to a high standard.
• Valid UK driving licence.
• Willingness to travel to projects throughout the UK and Europe at short notice.
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it. Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
Our services include:
• Heavy lifting services
• Heavy transport services
• Shutdown management
• Site-wide construction services
• Modular construction
• Factory to foundation
• Rapid response
• Relocation and decommissioning of installations
• Trading in a new and used equipment worldwide
Mammoet UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on any legal protected characteristics. We aim to create a working environment in which there is no unlawful discrimination and all decisions are based on merit.
• Bonus scheme dependent on company / individual performance.
• Opportunity to work towards chartered status.
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
• Life assurance 6 x salary.
• Excellent training and development opportunities.