Mammoet is in the process of setting up a new division. This new division will focus on the design and supply of lifting and handling tools for the high tech industry. The services include design, re-design, modifications, fabrication, assembly, testing, delivery, certifying, maintenance and repair of a variety of lifting and handling tools. The division will become part of the Conbit brand having their branch office in Eindhoven. The division will be managed as a highly specialized separate business unit. This to allow for focus and unique approach to the specific high tech industry standards.
Conbit has become part of Mammoet in January 2020. It is a unique brand specialized in special lifting in often unique circumstances and environments. The high tech industry is a perfect diversification of both Conbit as well as the Mammoet portfolio. Conbit is running projects globally and able to support clients globally as well. Being part of the Mammoet group this is currently extended to approximately 140 offices globally.
For this new business unit Conbit is looking for a Planner/Purchaser who takes ownership of the preparations necessary for fabrication/assembly of a new machine or tool. An experienced planner (Dutch: werkvoorbereider) who translates engineering documents into fabrication and purchase orders to our suppliers and logistic- and assembly workorders internally. Preferable the candidate has mechanical and/or electrical knowledge and experiences in a fabrication environment. A candidate with communication skills in a diverse environment of engineering, clients, suppliers and the assembly department.
• To plan for material and parts requirements
• To evaluate engineering documents on their manufacturability
• To prepare, review and place purchasing requisitions
• To support make or buy decisions and prepare work packages
• To coordinate, monitor and follow up closely with the fabrication schedule to ensure on-time delivery
• To manage manufacturing and testing records
• To assist in the selection process of suppliers
• To initiate and attend supplier meetings
• To seek, partner and maintain relationships within the supply chain
• To align with other departments
• To attend design review meetings
• To advice on feasibility, cost and timeline
• To improve workflows and productivity by gathering historical and current data
• A mechanical or electrical degree
• An HBO working level
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Oral and written Dutch and English skills
• Able to read and understand Technical drawings, information and documents
• Knowledge of hydraulics/pneumatics
• Knowledge of mechatronics, controls
• Pro Active
• Customer focused
• Enthusiastic and driven to achieve results/goals
• Strong background in fabrication of machines and/or equipment
• A minimum of 8 years of broad, relevant work experience
• Experience as a planner (Dutch: werkvoorbereider) and/or Technical purchaser
• Experience in the High Tech Industry
• Experience with a variety of fabrication techniques
• Experience in supplier contact
• Experience with an ERP system
Mammoet is a leading provider of heavy lifting and transportation solutions to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil to industrial. We work with clients both onshore and offshore, and in many challenging environments from high altitude, to desert, from nuclear to cleanroom and even in arctic conditions. Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
Conbit, part of Mammoet is specialised in engineered solutions for handling and lifting of smaller and midsize objects often at difficult to access locations. Having its head office in the centre of the Dutch high tech industry Conbit is diversifying into the semiconductor industry. We are a relatively small team of ~50-60 employees.