Mammoet is currently in need for a self-starting individual to join our Operations team at our Fort McMurray branch. This position offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with one of the biggest Heavy Lift and Heavy Transport companies in the world. The role plans and executes mobilization and demobilization of personnel and project equipment for some of the largest projects in the region, in order to achieve an optimum utilization of resources to execute the work.
The successful candidate will require strong organizational and communications skill to effectively coordinate the planning of crane equipment and manpower for the region in an unionized work environment.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner
• Set up appropriate planning of personnel and/or equipment in the applicable systems
• Utilize SAP for planning, tracking and organizing equipment and manpower
• Reviews, approves and data enters daily timesheets and crane work orders in SAP
• Ensure operators are scheduled according to union collective and/or project labour agreements
• Maintain a strong client focus with interactions with both internal and external clients
• Positively influence others with proposed options/solutions to customers and operations
• Ensures new hires and properly briefed in current operation procedures
• Takes direction from Site Manager, Operations Manager, Lead Branch Planner • Analyse and reconcile SAP entries to ensure accuracy
• Review and enter weekly timesheets – When applicable
• Create invoices, purchase orders, and reports as necessary
• Strong communicator
High school diploma
• Completed post-secondary diploma in a business administration or a related field from an accredited
• Minimum 3 to 5 years office experience.
• Comfortable with high pressure / short lead time 24 / 7 environment.
• Knowledge of the crane industry is an asset.
• Working knowledge of regulations in various districts, provinces and states
• Intermediate computer skills
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For
that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and
offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations,
harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But
it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet
professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be a full-time temporary position covering maternity leave operating out of our Fort MacKay office.
Flights from Edmonton/Calgary available, camp accommodation is available and 10/4 shift.
Salary will be commensurate based upon education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health
benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of
career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet
is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our
own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at
Interested candidates may submit their resumes and salary expectations to this job posting by following the link
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.