Mammoet is currently in need for a high energy self-starting individual to join our Transport team at our Edmonton head office to dispatch equipment in accordance with Mammoet’s HSE/SHE-Q, Business and Quality Standards, as well as Mammoet policies and procedures. This is a pivotal role in our Transport division and will provide you with a challenging and rewarding career. Mammoet is looking for the best dispatcher to make maintain our reputation as a top tier service provider.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner
• Act as a liaison between customers, operators and operations
• Process transport requests and data enters them into Metacom Equipment
• Schedules assignments and coordinates activates for the equipment, operators and crews
• Tracks equipment locations and progress for pick-up and delivery schedule
• Maintains all associated planning data in SAP system
• Maintains awareness of changing weather conditions affecting transport operations and suspends activities if necessary
• Monitors and maintains a log of all transports and personnel
• Searches for loads to match empty equipment
• Tracks and reports DOT violations to Operations Manager
• Reports to Operations Manager the daily status of equipment
• Order permits, escorts and utilities as required
• Processes and transmits information, instructions and permits
• Will be required to be on call after hours
• Service orientated
• Strong communicator
• High school diploma
• Completed courses in dispatch, logistics, or planning is an asset
• Minimum of 3+ years of dispatch experience in the local Heavy Haul / Oilfield environment
• Minimum of 3+ years managing of a large truck fleet of a minimum of 50 trucks
• Experienced with Owner Operators
• Familiar with state of the art dispatch systems
• Comfortable with high pressure / short lead time 24 / 7 environment.
• Knowledge of the crane industry is an asset.
• Working knowledge of regulations in various districts, provinces and states
• Intermediate computer skills
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This position is a full-time position based out of the Edmonton office. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Salary will be commensurate based upon education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at http://www.mammoet.com/en/careers/
Interested candidates may submit their resumes and salary expectations to this job posting by following the link http://www.mammoet.com/en/careers/
Mammoet is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity. Mammoet encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Mammoet, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Applicants who require accommodation due to disability during the selection process should notify human capital when contacted for an interview.