Mammoet is currently in need for a self-starting individual to join our Operations team at our Fort McMurray branch. This position offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with one of the biggest Heavy Lift and Heavy Transport companies in the world. The role plans and executes mobilization and demobilization of personnel and project equipment for some of the largest projects in the region, in order to achieve an optimum utilization of resources to execute the work.
The successful candidate will require strong organizational and communications skill to effectively coordinate the planning of crane equipment and manpower for the region in an unionized work environment.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner
• Set up appropriate planning of personnel and/or equipment in the applicable systems
• Schedules assignments and coordinates activities for our vehicles, operators and crews
• Liaise between Crane and Transport Operators, Supervision, Clients, Project Managers and the Sales and Tendering Department for effective planning of jobs
• Utilize SAP for planning, tracking and organizing equipment and manpower
• Reviews, approves and data enters daily timesheets and crane work orders in SAP
• Ensure operators are scheduled according to union collective and/or project labour agreements
• Prepare daily manpower and equipment reports for the operations group
• Initiate the permit application process for movement of equipment
• Uses specialized software to create appropriate maps and direction charts to follow all permit laws
• Maintain a strong client focus with interactions with both internal and external clients
• Positively influence others with proposed options/solutions to customers and operations
• Ensures new hires and properly briefed in current operation procedures
• Monitors all crane and truck activities and ensures related regulations, policies and procedural guidelines are followed
• High school diploma
• Completed courses in dispatch, logistics, or planning is an asset
• Minimum of 3+ years of dispatch experience in the local Heavy Haul / Oilfield environment
• Minimum of 3+ years managing of a large truck fleet of a minimum of 50 trucks
• Experienced with Owner Operators
• Familiar with state of the art dispatch systems
• Comfortable with high pressure / short lead time 24 / 7 environment.
• Knowledge of the crane industry is an asset.
• Working knowledge of regulations in various districts, provinces and states
• Intermediate computer skills
• Service orientated
• Strong communicator
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be a full-time position operating out of our Fort McMurray location on a full-time basis. Some on call work may be required during seasonal peaks
Salary will be commensurate based upon education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at http://www.mammoet.com/en/careers/
Interested candidates may submit their resumes and salary expectations to this job posting by following the link http://www.mammoet.com/en/careers/
Mammoet is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity. Mammoet encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Mammoet, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Applicants who require accommodation due to disability during the selection process should notify human capital when contacted for an interview.