We are seeking a hardworking and safety-oriented individual to join our Transport team in Fort McMurray.
To assist the Transport Crews in all daily tasks related to operations according to all Mammoet HSE/SHE-Q, business and quality standards, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
It is the responsibility of the escort vehicle driver to make the traveling public aware of the presence of an over-dimensional load and to direct and control traffic when necessary. Escort drivers also help the load driver move the load as safely as possible with the least possible delay and inconvenience to the traveling public.
• Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner
• Operator equipment if necessary (zoomboom, bobcats, loaders, etc)
• Report all near misses and incidents
• Completing of physical tasks required by the crew lead
• Assisting with spotting of specialized loads
• Ensure the proper inspection of rigging and equipment
As the driver of the escort vehicle ahead of the over-dimensional load:
• Warn oncoming traffic an over-dimensional load is following, by traveling appropriate distance ahead of the load and displaying an approved dimensional sign and flashing lights.
• Use a two-way radio to warn the load driver of any potential problems ahead, including hazards, obstructions or pedestrians on the road ahead.
• Make sure the vehicles are following the route specified on the permit.
• Find safe places for the vehicles to pull over in order to allow following traffic to pass safely.
• Warn motorists, using proper flagging procedures, to stop at the entrance to narrow
• structures and other roadway restrictions to allow safe passage of the load.
• Take appropriate measures and stop or control traffic as required to allow wide loads to safely cross over structures; as required due to width of load.
As the driver of the escort vehicle following the over-dimensional load, you will:
• Warn traffic approaching from the rear that an over-dimensional load is ahead by traveling appropriate distance behind the load and by displaying an approved dimensional sign and flashing lights.
• Use a two-way radio to warn the load driver of flat tires, objects coming loose from the load, defective lights and other potential hazards the driver may not be aware of.
• Notify the load driver and/or front escort vehicles of motorists attempting to pass the load.
• Good communicator
• Team player
• Physically fit
• Knowledge of Alberta Transport regulations
• Ability to multi-task
• Service Orientated
• Safety Orientated
• Completed necessary tickets for equipment operation
• Completion of Cargo Securement and Hours of Service
• Completion of company pre-requisite training (i.e. CSTS)
• Valid Class 1 Drivers License with no demerits
• Two years of previous experience within a labor type role in transportation organization.
• Proven safety record
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be a full-time position operating out of our Fort McMurray Branch.
Salary will be commensurate based upon education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities.