Mammoet is seeking a dynamic and results driven individual to lead operations in our Bonnyville Branch. The successful candidate will have an outgoing, sales and service minded attitude, the ability to effectively manage teams of people and progressive experience in a transport or crane organization would be an asset. Strong computer and organizational skills, professionalism, and excellent communication skills are key traits we are looking for. Our environment is fast paced and requires people with the ability to be flexible and have a passion for their work, the region of Saskatchewan and our organization.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner and in accordance with Mammoet management policies and procedures
• Ensure all field personnel, including supervision, are properly trained, are competent and all required information has been properly documented and is on file
• Promote business and work closely with all area clientele including existing and potential clients
• Ensure all field operations are carried out in accordance with Mammoet HSE/SHE-Q and operational policies and procedures
• Ensure all work has been planned through the SAP Planning board
• Ensure all information from Sales and Operations has been passed onto dispatch and is properly executed and inputted into SAP
• Sign off all field personnel time cards and review all crane work orders before invoicing to confirm all receivables are included and the correct rates have been used
• Work with Dispatch and Operations to ensure proper utilization of manpower and equipment and customer needs are met
• Work with Equipment Management Department (EMD) to ensure equipment maintenance priorities are met
• Support the preparation of quotations to client requests and ensure all quotations are in accordance with and properly prepared and filed with Mammoet Sales and Tendering standards.
• Manage, motivate and support operational employees
• Work with Human Resources Department to recruit, train and retain operational employees, as approved by management
• Conduct annual Operation Reviews of all branch operations personnel
• Conduct weekly operational meetings, which include but are not limited to:
o Weekly supervisor meetings
o Weekly operational meetings to include maintenance, operation, HSE, and sales
o These can be combined into one meeting
• Ensure operational toolbox meetings are conducted and attended by field personnel
• Ensure field operation prepare all FLRA requirements as per Mammoet policies
• Ensure field personnel have all necessary resources, equipment and PPE to perform their work safely
• Work with Directors in the planning of future personnel and equipment acquisitions
• Ensure you complete all required training and development courses as may be required and amended during your employment with Mammoet
• Intermediate skills and knowledge of the following software:
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Outlook
• Good communicator
• Decisive and results-orientated
• Leader, lead by example
• Company oriented
• Knowledge of cranes, rigging, transport
• Work well under pressure
• Good work ethic
• Excellent supervisory skills
• Post-secondary education in a related technical or business field.
• 10+ years of progressive management experience preferably in a transport or crane related organization.
• 5+ years managing teams of 20 people or more.
• Proven communication skills.
• Experience managing an annual operating budget over 5 million dollars.
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be a full-time permanent position operating out of our branch in Bonnyville, Alberta.
Salary will be commensurate based upon education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at www.mammoet.com/en/jobs.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes and salary expectations to this job posting by following the link www.mammoetvacancies.com:
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.