• Load / offload, installation, operation and maintenance of Offshore Services equipment including but not limited to Strand jacks, Hydraulic power units, Ballast pumps, Hydraulic jacks and weighing equipment. Rigging and general lifting equipment.
• Guide / train other team members where necessary.
• To ensure that the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times as required
• Liaise with operations department and / or line manager.
• To communicate and co-operate fully in order to ensure that we deliver the best in class of service to our clients.
• Ensure that the company's interests and image are projected at all times through good practice and safe working.
• Should you feel that safety is being compromised then it is your duty to bring the matter to the attention of a member of the senior management team.
• To participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) initiatives such as prevention of non-conformities in the form of accidents, injuries and illness and to actively seek to eliminate any unsafe work practices and conditions.
• To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client safety regulations, risk assessments and method statements.
• Maintenance and care of all PPE issued to you and to report any defects.
• Enforce the wearing of PPE among all staff.
• Complete and hand in training log book as required.
• Verify that daily equipment checks are completed and recorded in accordance with company procedures
• Adequately control the work area through demarcation and ensure unauthorised personnel do not enter.
• Communicate any grievances.
• Promote and ensure compliance with good housekeeping practices at all times.
• To ensure all checklists are completed and authorised prior to the commencement of work.
• To follow company procedure to report any accident or incident, and to actively participate in accident, incident or nonconformity investigation in a prompt and professional manner.
• To understand that preventing injury, damage and nonconformity will improve company profit and efficiency.
• You may be excepted to deputise for other personnel from time to time.
Operations / Workshop Manager.
You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of Mammoet Offshore Services equipment both in the workshop and on site.
• High level of self-motivation
• Good communicator
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to learn new techniques and procedures
• Mechanical / Electrical City and Guilds, ONC, NVQ L3 or similar.
• Mechanical / Electrical background.
• Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use.
• Willing to travel and work within and outside of the UK for extensive periods including occasional offshore working.
• Current valid driving licence.
• Current valid passport (no restrictions).
• Hydraulic systems, PLC controlled equipment, experience in a similar role.
• Experience in hydraulic and mechanical maintenance and hydraulic system operation.
• Problem solving and fault finding.
• Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems.
• International driving licence.
• Offshore survival certificate.
• Offshore medical certificate.
• MIST certificate.
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it. Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment.
Mammoet UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on any legal protected characteristics. We aim to create a working environment in which there is no unlawful discrimination and all decisions are based on merit.