The Marine Engineer is responsible for preparing Marine transport- and various other heavy transport operations by preparing the most efficient and cost effective (technical) solution.
Discuss and agree, with (internal) customers, about engineering deliverables that will cover the applicable scope of work, is also part of the work package.
The Marine engineer will primarily work in the Marine Transport and Offshore engineering discipline but will also receive opportunities to work on projects that require other Engineering disciplines like: Trailer Load-outs, Lifting with cranes and Special devices.
Team Leader Engineering
The Marine engineer is handling ‘Marine’ engineering scopes for:
-Ocean transports on barges or vessels;
-Inland river transports on barges or vessels;
-Near shore Wind turbine installation projects;
-Various other, offshore related, project support;
Some illustrative examples with regards to the tasks and responsibilities are:
-Structural analyses of ships, barges and other floating objects;
-Check or advice regarding stability of floating objects, being intact or damaged, surfaced or immersed;
-Design of sea-fastening, supporting structures, or special constructions that will be used in, on or near water;
-Align ‘Marine’ engineering scope with internal- or external customer expectations and manage deadlines;
-On-site technical support of operations team.
Preparing deck lay-outs and stowage plans;
- Hydrostatic ‘stability’ calculations;
- Determination of (Marine) transport accelerations;
- Structural design of sea fastenings and grillages;
- Design of barge-related equipment;
- Writing method statements and towing manuals;
- Advising on- and fabrication management for new-build tools or sea-fastening and grillage constructions;
- Solves problems and come up with creative solutions satisfying our clients and optimizing engineering and project operations;
- Liaises with the clients on technical issues and identifies and communicates operational issues;
- Reports progress and highlight critical activities to the project manager and/or team leader;
- Assisting in the preparation of tenders;
- On-site operations support if required.
- Social team player with a hands-on attitude;
- Keen, analytical, creative and a pro-active problem solver;
- Able to work in a project team and across multiple projects;
- Good understanding of applicable technical codes and standards;
- English, fluent proficiency verbal and written.
- Persuading and Influencing
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Learning and Researching
- Creating and Innovating
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning and Organising
Bachelor Degree, in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or Marine/Offshore Engineering
- 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience in comparable maritime related markets.
*An assessment of your skills is part of the application process.
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
We believe our business is about time: uptime, turnaround time and time to market. To our customers, time is the currency that matters most. That’s why we strive to bring their deadlines forward. It’s an integrated, daily effort shared by everyone at Mammoet, in every aspect of our services: creative engineering, careful planning and safe delivery.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions. Mammoet’s services in engineered heavy lifting and transport comprise:
- Heavy lifting
- Heavy transport
- Plant turnaround / shutdown management
- Sitewide construction
- Modular construction
- Factory-to-foundation / logistics
- Rapid response
- Relocation and decommissioning
- Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.