Working within a strong team environment and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Junior Engineering Technologist provides technical support to Mammoet projects through the preparation of critical lift, heavy transport and jack & slide execution drawings, calculations and procedures in accordance with Mammoet and client policies.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Prepares rigging & heavy lift execution drawings and calculations
• Prepares transport calculations, drawings and route studies
• Prepares jack & slide calculations, drawings and procedures
• Performs feasibility studies and technical checks
• Prepares written technical reports & presentations for clients
• Supports sales and tendering department with preparation of bid documents
• Provides technical assistance and maintains effective communication with project managers, site supervisors, field staff and clients to ensure project deadlines and milestones are met
• Prepares basic design calculations & fabrication drawings for review
• Post-secondary education: Engineering Technology Diploma from an accredited program (Mechanical, Civil, Engineering/Design & Drafting)
• Registration with governing professional association (ASET)
• 1-2 years’ experience within an engineering environment, experience with construction/heavy equipment/cranes/transport an asset.
• Proficiency in 2D/3D AutoCad, Microsoft Suite and basic computer software
• Capable of performing basic mechanical & structural design calculations
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be a full-time position operating out of our Edmonton head office.
Salary will be commensurate based on education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at www.mammoet.com/en/jobs.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes and salary expectations directly to the job posting following the below link www.mammoetvacancies.com:
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.