Our Heavy Duty Mechanics repair cranes and similar Mammoet owned equipment in the EMD shop as per direction from the EMD Supervisor and EMD Manager. When necessary, due to technical difficulty or personnel availability, also perform maintenance on equipment at remote locations.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Coordinating and prioritizing job site repairs and maintenance through the EMD Supervisor with Shop Personnel.
• Diagnose and/or determine technical problems
• Perform regular inspection of all equipment within the department
• Performs field repairs and maintenance activities, as required.
• Must document all repairs and parts replacement for equipment files
• Understand and support Mammoet, SHE-Q and Business Policies and Procedures
• Able to mentor apprentices.
• Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner
• Ensures all safety policies and procedures are followed
• Carry out all work in accordance with Mammoet HSE/SHE-Q and business policies and procedures, including the use of all required
• Other duties as assigned by EMD supervision
Key Result Areas
• Team work throughout the EMD and Mammoet organization.
• Perform job site/field repairs and maintenance as required.
• Follow up on parts orders with the EMD parts department, vendors and local suppliers.
• Repair and maintain equipment according to Mammoet and manufacturers specifications.
• 4+ years’ experience in crane and heavy equipment maintenance minimum.
• Must be able to read, understand and follow advanced hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical diagrams
• Must have thorough knowledge of diesel, hydraulic and electrical mechanical repairs
• Must have flexible working hours in the event of emergency call-out repairs
• Knowledge of OHSA and Mammoet QSE regulations
• Good organizational skills and communication skills
• Must have thorough knowledge of equipment application and proper working function of all equipment
• Must be able to understand and apply established procedures
• Must be able to work with hand tools or power tools as required
• Must be able to determine if repairs performed are adequate to bring equipment back to functioning properly
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
Mammoet is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity. Mammoet encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mammoet, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Applicants who require accommodation due to disability during the selection process should notify human resources when contacted for an interview.