• Identify, develop and test advanced technical solutions.
• Ensure designs comply with legal standards plus company and client requirements.
• Develop and apply structural calculations to evaluate, select and test operations.
• Apply solutions that improve the integrity and function designs.
• Liaise with internal and external customers including face to face interaction with clients on site.
• Develop solutions to support sales and tendering activities.
• Manage projects through to execution using engineering principles and techniques.
• Ensure business related decisions follow SHEQ standards and procedures.
Team Leader, Engineering
You will be responsible for developing engineering solutions and concepts for a wide variety of projects including evaluating; selecting and calculating appropriate heavy lifting and transport operations.
Reporting to the Team Leader, this is a full-time permanent position to be based at our Thornaby office. Travel to other UK sites and the Netherlands will be required.
• Persuading and influencing
• Applying expertise and technology
• Learning and researching
• Creating and innovating
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Planning and organising
• Educated to degree level or above in Mechanical or Civil Engineering is essential.
• Ideally 2 years plus industry experience including Cranes / SPMT / Transport knowledge.
• Design and Fabrication knowledge and experience.
• Proven knowledge and experience of MS Office and AutoCAD.
• An AP qualification and/or safety passport would be advantageous.
• Understanding of technical codes and standards.
• Good level of English both verbal and written.
• Valid UK driving licence.
• Right to work in the UK.
• Willingness to work on projects throughout the UK for extended periods.
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it. Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment.
Our services include:
- Heavy lifting services
- Heavy transport services
- Shutdown management
- Site-wide construction services
- Modular construction
- Factory to foundation
- Rapid response
- Relocation and decommissioning of installations
- Trading in a new and used equipment worldwide
The salary for this position is dependent on skills and experience. For someone with 2/3 years' experience we would expect you to fall within the Graduate Level 2 band and for someone with more extensive experience we would expect you to fall within the Engineer 1/2 band. However, your level and capabilities would be assessed at interview.
Graduate Level 2 - £23,370 to £31,660
Engineer 1 - £26,732 to £35,643
Engineer 2 - £32,721 to £40,902
• Paid overtime
• Bonus scheme dependent on company and individual performance
• Life assurance
• Company pension
Training and Development:
We offer excellent training and development opportunities at Mammoet including:
• The opportunity to become a Chartered Engineer with professional fees paid for by Mammoet
• The opportunity to travel and learn from highly experienced Engineers throughout the world
• Appointed Person qualification
• Safety Passport
• IOSH Managing Safely qualification