You will be responsible for managing and developing contracts relating to logistics and heavy lifting and transport services for Mammoet’s Dutch and European branch.
In this role you actively advise the business in order to optimize execution and conclusion of commercial contracts and you will handle the administration of contracts in relation to internal stakeholders, Mammoet’s customers and (sub)contractors, in line with commercial objectives and risk mitigation.
You are also able to realize the organization objectives set in accordance with applicable legislation, internal compliance standards and Mammoet’s bidding and contracting philosophy.
The ideal candidate has experience with acting in a project driven organization and has experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating of commercial contracts and sub contracts and brings a positive and well-humored attitude to work.
Contract Manager Europe
Contract Management for client contracts:
- Provide guidance and support on contractual matters to tender management on new projects and orders, choosing the correct form of contract, based on the level of risk and type of services to be executed.
- Provide guidance and support to project management on alerting and dealing with possible claims, changes, variations and notifications.
- Create key condition summary of contracts for project managers and directors on request.
- Resolving conflicts, keeping in mind the values of Mammoet.
- Attending risk management sessions with internal stakeholders.
Subcontracting for projects:
- Assuring reasonable terms and conditions in subcontracts, assists in scope description, and aligning risk and opportunities in accordance with the main contract.
- Assist project management in managing subcontracts
- Contract management, Risk Management,;
- Understanding the balance between contractual risk and commercial goals,
- Understanding the interplay between contracts and trust in the negotiation and execution stage
- Translate contractual risk into equally simple and understandable language;
- Contract drafting skills;
- Dutch and English, fluent proficiency verbal and written, proficiency in other languages is an advantage;
- Keen, pragmatic, analytical, creative and a pro-active problem solver and good listener;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the understanding of how to approach people in different layers of the organization;
- Eye for detail
- Willingness to travel incidental to project and customer sites at request.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical or commercial discipline or commercial legal direction;
- 3 to 6 years relevant work experience, experience in the field of logistics or shipping is an advantage;
- Experience working with (local) construction companies, EPCs and (inter)national wind and oil & gas companies is an advantage;
- Track record in giving contractual advice within an project driven organization
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it.
Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
Our services include:
- Heavy lifting services
- Heavy transport services
- Shutdown Management
- Site-wide construction services
- Modular construction
- Factory to Foundation
- Rapid response
- Relocation and decommissioning of installations
- Trading in a new and used equipment worldwide