Mammoet is seeking a dynamic and results driven individual to lead our crane rental operations in our Toronto Branch. The Branch Manager is a key member of the Management Team and is responsible for ensuring that operations within the Toronto branch are executed according to our business and growth strategy. This will be achieved through collaboration, influence, and relationship building with employees and relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent execution of service delivery.
The successful candidate will have an outgoing, sales and service focused attitude, the ability to effectively manage teams of people and progressive experience in a crane organization is considered an asset. Strong computer and organizational skills, professionalism, and excellent communication skills are key traits we are looking for. Our environment is fast paced and requires people with the ability to be flexible and have a passion for their work.
• Strategic Thinking & Planning: Active participation in both the annual and long-term strategic planning process. Translating the regional strategic plan to the specifics of the local market with the desired result being a comprehensive plan that defines opportunities and recommendations to maximize sales, increase margins, optimize crane & equipment utilization and expand market share in the Toronto Region.
• Operations & Equipment Management: Manage and direct Toronto crane rental operations in line with branch planning of personnel, equipment and customer contracts. Ensuring regular equipment maintenance priorities are met.
• Financial & Business Management: Accountable for the Toronto Branch P&L. Proactively review the financial statements and customer contracts to identify key drivers of the bottom line and analyze the details in order show quantifiable and qualitative results.
• Business Development & Sales Management: Lead sales planning and business development activities and play an active role in coaching and mentoring of account management staff, managing performance and engaging with customers on a regular basis. Focus on sales and margin metrics and definition of opportunities to maximize these and our market share. Engaging key customers at a senior level in order to understand their operations, maintenance and procurement strategies so that the branch team can be better aligned with customers.
• Leadership & People Management: Collaborate and build trust to translate our strategy into success. Driving team and individual goals and hold the team accountable. Engaging with each team member that contribute to the branch goals so that they can be successful, achieve their potential and be recognized for their achievements.
• Health, Safety, & Environment Quality (SHE-Q) Leadership: Support our program and related engagement activities with our team to ensure we lead with a safety-first priority in everything we do. Observe all staff in safety sensitive situations and promote best practices and improvement opportunities.
Operations Director, Crane Division
• Proven leadership competencies and experience.
• Operations, Financial and Business Management, advanced understanding with proven track record of Sales growth and expansion
• Ability to execute, prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure.
• Ability to drive processes, improve operational performance and achieve results.
• Ability to manage, develop and lead individuals and teams.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, possesses the ability to influence.
• Demonstrates proficient business acumen to include financial performance, and success in developing and maintaining customer relationships.
• Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make decisions.
• Proficient in using MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Post-secondary education in a related technical or business field
• 10+ years of progressive management experience preferably in a crane related organization
• 5+ years managing teams of 20 people or more
• Experience managing an annual operating budget over 5 million dollars
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
Mammoet is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diversity. Mammoet encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Salary will be commensurate based on education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. To view our Human Resource Values, please visit our careers website at https://www.mammoet.com/careers/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mammoet, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Applicants who require accommodation due to disability during the selection process should notify human resources when contacted for an interview.