• Prepare auxiliary equipment to be sent to project sites.
• Prepare lifting equipment for crane hire.
• Assemble lifting beams.
• Maintenance / housekeeping of the yard.
• Clean and maintain jacking equipment.
• Deliver and pick-up third-party equipment.
• Load and offload trucks by the use of cranes and forklifts.
• Record all maintenance logs accurately (manual and electronic).
• Follow all standard operation procedures in line with health and safety standards.
Your main responsibility will be to maintain the yard equipment to a high standard, ensuring availability and safe use of equipment in line with Health and Safety guidelines.
Reporting to the Yard Supervisor, this is a full-time, permanent position to be based at our Thornaby office. Additional travel to other UK sites will be required.
• Relevant operating tickets including forklift, MEWP, safety passport, telehandler.
• Knowledge of safe forklift operating procedures.
• Proven experience of executing basic rigging skills for heavy lift operations would be beneficial.
• Working at height training.
• Valid UK driving licence.
• Proficient in ICT.
• SAP knowledge would be advantageous.
Mammoet provides solutions to any heavy lifting or transport challenge. We aim to develop long term relationships with our clients in order to understand their businesses and challenges. By working closely with our partners, we realize the most efficient and cost-effective approaches.
We have a unique global network and an unparalleled fleet of equipment. Our extensive engineering expertise and high quality and safety standards deliver value to a wide breadth of industry sectors and projects. Clients trust us to help them achieve feats that were once considered impossible, and we have often broken records in doing so.
Some dream about a future that is Smarter, Safer and Stronger. We actually build it. Our services are focused on the following industries: petrochemicals, mining, civil projects, energy and offshore installations. The logistical challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
Our services include:
• Heavy lifting services
• Heavy transport services
• Shutdown management
• Site-wide construction services
• Modular construction
• Factory to foundation
• Rapid response
• Relocation and decommissioning of installations
• Trading in a new and used equipment worldwide
• Competitive salary plus out of hours payment
• Bonus dependent on individual and company performance
• Company van