Mammoet is seeking a knowledgeable and driven individual to be a business partner to the leadership and provide support to employees of our Northern region. Under the direction of the Director, Human Capital, this position will be responsible for facilitating, developing, deploying and monitoring the full scope of human capital activities and services (HR Administration, Assessment and Selection, Health and Safety, Benefits, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Training and Development).
• Promote and support positive employee relations and an environment of open communication and trust.
• Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying Human Capital tools to improve organizational performance through enhanced employee engagement and manager effectiveness while ensuring legal compliance.
• Understand the regional strategy and support strategic initiatives to build organizational capability through the attraction, development and retention of top talent. Identify and implement action plans to improve organizational capability.
• Manage the assessment and selection process to identify top talent that meets the plant needs at management, professional and production levels. Maintain, update and facilitate new hire orientation with employees at all levels.
• Assist with the development, deployment, and maintenance of Human Capital/Corporate programs, initiatives and training. Assist with the development/maintenance of human capital metrics.
• Assist with driving the deployment of the annual employee review process for the site; work with employee cross-functional teams and managers to complete analysis and action plans necessary to drive positive employee relations.
• Ensure the performance management practices are fully integrated and that processes are completed to raise the performance bar. Manage the process including communication, appropriate training, development planning, monitoring of completed evaluations and working with managers to initiate coaching/counseling, as required.
• Administer compensation programs to assure competitive pay practices. Manage the annual merit compensation planning for employees.
• Monitor employee attendance and work with managers to initiate coaching/counseling as required.
• Assist in ensuring organizational compliance with applicable legislation (Employment Standards, Human Rights, Privacy, Occupational Health & Safety).
• Partner with the Environment, Health and Safety Manager to administer the WCB claims process
• Participate in special projects and task groups, as required.
• Support HR administration, including but not limited to, maintaining job descriptions, payroll, processing paperwork and data entry related to Mammoet programs and processes.
This position will report to the Director of Human Capital.
• Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in Human Resources, business or related discipline.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years HR Generalist experience.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship.
• Construction/Transportation Industry experience
• Experience in a union environment
• CHRP Certification
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to facilitate teams/groups and work with all levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to make recommendations using sound, independent judgment.
• Effective time management and project management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
• Engineered lifting and transportation services
• Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
• Factory-to-foundation projects
• Plant turnaround logistics
• Salvage and wreck removal
• Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
• Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
This will be a full-time position operating out of our Fort MacKay Branch 65 kms north of Fort McMurray. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Reliable transportation is required.
Salary will be commensurate based on education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. Relocation to the region will be considered for this role. Due to the nature of this position, a local resident or someone willing to relocate will be ideal.